cybet's top 10: Euroleague wins
Real Madrid were the big winners in the final four of the Euroleague, as they prevailed in a thrilling final against Olympiakos Piraeus with 79-78 and celebrated the conquest of another European trophy. cybetnews recalls the 10 teams with the most victories in the history of the institution, as well as how many finals they competed in.
10. Barcelona. The Catalan side are in 10th place, however, considering they have won twice but lost six, they could be higher up the list.
9. One place below are two teams, Split and Riga who have three wins and one defeat in the final of the competition, however, these teams are no longer in the Euroleague with the current format.
7. In seventh place is Olympia Milano. The Italian team has celebrated winning the trophy three times, however, they have been to the final two more times without being able to celebrate the victory.
6. One place higher is Olympiacos Piraeus. The Red and Whites have three wins, but have been in a total of nine finals in their history, with the latest being their sixth loss last weekend.
5. In the middle of the top 10 is Varese. The Italian team counts five trophy conquests and another five finals in which they could not celebrate the victory and the conquest of the trophy.
4. Panathinaikos is in fourth place. The "clover" has celebrated six victories and has just one defeat in finals, as a result of which he has touched almost perfect when in encounters that decided a title.
3. In the final three is Maccabi Tel Aviv. The Israelis have a tremendous tradition in basketball which is shown by the conquests and the finals in which he competed. In particular, Maccabi celebrated the trophy six times, while nine times they left the final defeated.
2. One place behind the top is CSKA Moscow, the Russians are a traditional powerhouse of European basketball as they have reached the EuroLeague title eight times, while six have failed to cross the final hurdle and celebrate.
1. At the top of the top 10 is Real Madrid. The "Queen" with her last conquest reached 11 titles, while nine more times she was in the final but could not win. So Real Madrid is the only team with a double-digit number of conquests in Europe.